Wednesday 14 August 2013

As...as...

Describing the similarity of two items

Use 'as...as' to  compare equivalent aspects of quality (adjective) or of manner (adverb) of two items.

I'm as good in maths as in science.

This book is not as exciting as the last one.

It doesn't work as well as we had hoped.

It doesn't work as well as we'd hoped
Listen to the song 'Everything at once' and fill in the gaps with  the correct word from the list.

bee -wolf - fox - day - sugar - line - sea - whale - day - road



Music From Grey's Anatomy Season 7, Episode 14
Melodia din reclama Orange Romania, toamna 2011
The song from Windows 8 commercial


As sly as a _____, as strong as an ox
As fast as a hare, as brave as a bear
As free as a bird, as neat as a word
As quite as a _____, as big as a house

All I wanna be, all I wanna be, oh
All I wanna be is everything

As mean as a _____, as sharp as a tooth
As deep as a bite, as dark as the night
As sweet as a song, as right as a wrong
As long as a _____, as ugly as a toad

As pretty as a picture hanging from a fixture
Strong like a family, strong as I wanna be
Bright as _____, as light as play
As hard as nails, as grand as a _____

All I wanna be, all I wanna be, oh
All I wanna be is everything

As warm as the, the sun, as silly as fun
As cool as a tree, as scary as the _____
As hot as fire, cold as ice
Sweet as _____ and everything nice

As old as time, as straight as a _____
As royal as a queen, as buzzed as a _____
Stealth as a tiger, smooth as a glide
Pure as a melody, pure as I wanna be

All I wanna be, all I wanna be, oh
All I wanna be is everything

 Try to explain the meaning of the 'as...as' phrases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Going to school